History of the Church
In 1952, the Rev. Vincent N. Schneider came to begin a new parish on the far south side of Kenosha. A small chapel attached to the Carmelite Home for the Aged on 93rd Street was St. Therese parish's first home. Dedicated on June 21, 1959, the hexagonal fieldstone structure was designed by an understudy of Frank Lloyd Wright. The six sides represent the six-sided rose, a tribute to the patroness of St. Therese Church. St. Therese promised that she would ``shower down roses from heaven`` on those who asked for her prayers.